I'm supposed to be summarizing our recent trip back to Seattle over Christmas vacation. But I feel that everyone who reads our blog are the very people we just visited, therefore a little silly if I just repeated stories you were all a part of. I will say that the trip was overall fantastic. We loved spending time with our respective families (who now live in the same county!) and our lovely friends. And it was fun seeing Chad's parents beautiful new home in Mill Creek.
Now to current affairs. Chad has been extremely busy lately, studying more then he ever has. His Board Exam is approaching in May, so he is not only studying full time for school but full time for the exam as well. Sadly, he is only managing scant time for the new Xbox. Although, we've already put in an order through Stephanie for Halo Reach and another controller.
We are currently in the process of splitting our newly married small group in two, in order to meet the growing demands of our church. Chad and I will be the leaders of one of the new groups. We are excited for the new possibilities, but sad to leave some friends to another group. I am hoping to get a few volunteers to help with the ministry (the extremely important Refreshment Table ministry) I run at church. Then we will not have to go to church an hour early every Sunday. So far the new fancy coffee (I grind the whole beans myself in the morning) and fresh milk have been well received.
I successfully submitted my application to Northeastern University this morning and I'm waiting on the office of Admissions at Simmon's College to approve my prerequisites in order to turn in my application with them. I have finished the application and now I'm just waiting on their reply. I starting studying for the GRE in June, so it's been a 7 month long process and it's a nice feeling to be done. Hopefully, I'll get accepted so I won't have to dedicate a blog post to my failure and subsequent depression. Just kidding. If I don't get accepted, I'll just start having babies now. Just kidding again.
I've recently started running on the treadmill instead of the elliptical machine, much to my chagrin. I've been avoiding the treadmill for a very long time, using the excuse that I can't look at magazines and I get bored too quickly. The real reason of course being that I will actually have to work harder and sweat more. But alas, my new years resolution was to start running on the treadmill - which has my husband's full support of course. Three workouts in, I must say it's not as bad as I imagined. There was a bit of wheezing on the first day. And occasionally I'll snap to attention when I've realized my foot just hit the end of the belt and I'm on the verge of a face plant. It's actually quite scary when that happens. I imagine my head hitting the end of the belt and knocking out a few of my teeth. I'm sure it will happen someday. Maybe it can knock out the rotting one and save us some money. Which reminds me of the tooth problem. I've decided to wait until the decay has reached the root and is actually causing pain. Then I will decide the situation is serious enough to require surgery.
I'm trying to decide what kind of birthday celebration I want to have. A themed party? Painting pottery with the girl friends? Dinner out with friends? Any great ideas people? How about you all fly out and surprise me! : ) It will be my 25th birthday and as Chad says, 'big news.'
Ok. I hope I've provided a few short moments of entertainment and distraction from work.
Ta Ta for now.
Whitney
LOL Whit - you crack me up :) Miss you!
ReplyDeleteI vote for the babies! Yes!!
ReplyDelete"Hopefully, I'll get accepted so I won't have to dedicate a blog post to my failure and subsequent depression. Just kidding." I seem to recall having written something like this once. "But alas, my new years resolution was to start running on the treadmill - which has my husband's full support of course." This is hilarious. "I've decided to wait until the decay has reached the root and is actually causing pain." Probably a bad idea.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, this post cracked me up.