Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow! Wet! Cold!




Tuesday, Jan 25
Morning snow showers
Morning snow showers
32°F|22°F
Wednesday, Jan 26
A bit of p.m. snow
A bit of p.m. snow
36°F|27°F
Thursday, Jan 27
A bit of a.m. snow
A bit of a.m. snow
33°F|17°F

A look at the weather forecast for the next couple of days. Fun!
It seems that last winter was just easing us in to our first winter in the Northeast. It's been under 35 degrees for the last month and most of those days have been under 25. We've had several blizzards. Yesterday Chad and I walked to work when the temperature was -1 F. A negative number. I'm not sure I've ever been in negative degree weather. Then I take out our iPod touch and it shows Seattle is 45 and rainy and I let out a small whimper. It's supposed to snow for the next three days and I'm concerned about where we are supposed to put this new snow! Our car is surrounded by 5' tall snow banks on three sides with just enough room for us to squeeze out. Who ever is riding in the passenger seat has to slide over to get out at the drivers side because there is a wall of ice on the other side.

Chad got the chance to go skiing last Saturday with some guy friends from church. They went to some hill in New Hampshire called Mount Sunapee. He had lots of fun despite the frigid temperatures. We would love to have our own skis and snowboard. We will have to start saving! Until then, I'm going to be day dreaming about our Hawaii vacation.

Stay warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment