Just some pictures from last Wednesday when we had a Noreaster blow through and leave over a foot of snow. Work was canceled for me and school canceled for Chad. It was a snow day! I felt like a kid! It was so fun. I baked, read, watched movies, painted. A very relaxing and enjoyable day. Chad studied of course, but he did enjoy some of the other things too.
I made this fresh fruit tart on Saturday and it was quite delicious. I have never baked a crust without the filling already in it (like with a tart). My crust did not come out as it should because I didn't properly weigh it down, but the whole thing still came out pretty well. Just learning as I go I guess. I do really enjoy baking, especially trying out something new. I used my new tart pan that I got for Christmas from Gammy & Papa. I made a vanilla custard on the snow day, but somehow it didn't turn out well. As far as I know I followed the recipe exactly, but the consistency and taste was more like sweetened egg whites rather then thick vanilla custard. I did get to use my new ramikans that Chad got me for Christmas. I will have to try it out again.
Yay! Snow!
I went outside fully dressed for snow to enjoy a few minutes of the winter wonderland.
I went outside fully dressed for snow to enjoy a few minutes of the winter wonderland.
Our house and the Jetta completely covered. Chad spent over an hour cleaning all the snow off the care and digging out the whole spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment