Chad and I spent our 1 year anniversary weekend in New York City. It was a quick trip, but we had so much fun. Before I go on to tell you about the weekend, I just want to say that the last year has been the most amazing of my life. I have the most wonderful husband. I am so thankful for him and all the blessings God has poured over us this past year. The picture above is taken on the Brooklyn Bridge looking towards lower Manhattan. After visiting Baked (a bakery in Brooklyn) we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge back into Manhattan. Baked is famous for their brownies (One of Oprah's favorite things) and we make them often at home.
Chad and I enjoyed New York's best mojitos at Ideya's in Soho on Saturday night. They served plantain chips with a fruit salsa - different, but extremely tasty.
Other highlights include;
Breakfast Sunday morning at a Belgian cafe. Chad had the tastiest Belgian waffle. It was so cool inside. Every restaurant we went to was so unique in style and had it's own personality.
Going inside Tiffany's on 5th Ave - all six floors of it!
Taking the Staten Island ferry. We got to see the Statue of Liberty up close and got a great view of Manhattan.
Going inside Grand Central Station - gorgeous.
Getting a caramel frappuccino outside Bryant Park. We serious hadn't had one in a year or two. It was a wonderful treat on a 70 degree day! Bryant Park is just outside the New York City Library and has ping pong tables!
Brunch at a Mexican restaurant near our hotel. Chad and I had probably the tastiest burrito we've ever had.
I think we had so much fun eating! : ) We went to a lot of restaurants and just got a little something here and there.
NYC was a great place to celebrate our anniversary. We had a lot of fun and we enjoyed thinking about the past year and talking about everything we're excited for in the future.
Love to you all!
That sounds like so much fun! Congratulations you guys :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I'm totally jealous.
ReplyDeletelooks awesome! loved the comment on Chandler's work haha :) glad you guys had fun and i'm totally jealous as well.
ReplyDeleteI agree -- the Chrysler building is my favorite skyscraper. What a fun trip!
ReplyDelete