While several evening were spent with my best man Ross and several other friends at Moylan's and some excellent lunch locales around San Rafael and Novato, I also made it into San Francisco and Berkely to see some SPU friends as well as my groomsman Kevin, who resides in the city.
To start off that evening, I left a game of Liar's Dice at Moylan's and drove over to Berkeley to see Paiger, who is doing work with the homeless population there. In honor of Steph, we went to the Cheeseboard, where they make a single kind of pizza every day, and make it well. We also got dollar scoops off ice cream before heading back to her shared house and playing some Bananagrams:
Pictured: Paige being the gracious 2nd place after I crushed her at BananagramsAfterwards I drove over to Kevin's place on California street and we went out to get some sushi appetizers in New Chinatown before coming back and watching online TV until crashing. In the morning I was scheduled to meet with Ms. Valponi, art critic and docent for some place in SF where they store art, down at the Peet's coffee on Mission and 5th, near the Metreon. Knowing that parking is all hell in SF, I decided to get a head start so I could find a good metered spot, only to find out that 1) I did not have change for a meter 2) to get change, I had to park next to the curb and run to an ATM, and 3) there is no stopping at curves before 9AM. All of which is a horrible Catch-22 when you want to park. Long story short I killed time walking around Yerba Buena Gardens before I met up with her at Peet's and got to hear all about how she's been and her plans to go back and take Italy by storm.
Pictured: Chicago, where I was NOT that day(just kidding, it's the gardens)
Pictured: someone planning on taking Italy by storm before docenting the world over
All in all it was a great week, and I got to talk to a lot of friends I haven't seen or talked to in at least a year, in some cases several years. I also got to spend time with my sister who is planning on WWOOFing in Italy sometime in the future. Overall, a good week, but I missed Whitney and was glad to be home, since it was time to end Spring Break with a bang! (or lack of bangs)

I had been growing my hair out since christmas or so, and finally getting fed up with it, I bought a new pair off shears and had at it. Whitney says she doesn't recognize me. Anyways, tune in next week for New York City!
love the 'before' and 'after' hair shots, hahaha
ReplyDelete