We were so fortunate to be able to spend Thanksgiving with close family friends this year, as we were not able to spend it with either of our immediate families. Peter & Leslie Weber have been friends with Richard & Judith (Chad's parents) for years and years. They have two daughters, Calle & Samantha, who have also been recently married within the last year or so. The Webers live in Ledyard, Connecticut, which is less then a two hour drive from Boston.
We stayed with Samantha and her husband Craig on Wednesday and Thursday nights. We had so much fun with them; we played several games of scrabble and boggle, all of which I reached new heights of losing. Samantha and I made apple and cherry pies on Thursday morning. Calle & her husband Dave came over in the morning and Sam made delicious pancakes for breakfast. In the afternoon we drove over the Peter & Leslie's place. Leslie made a wonderful Thanksgiving feast, with delicious turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. It was all so delightfully tasty. There were 5 pies for only 8 people! :) We all had our fill! Leslie was so wonderful - she divided all the leftovers in threes for Calle, Sam and I to take home in tupperware that she had purchased for this very purpose. We played lots of games and went home happy and sleepy. We spent the next morning hanging out with Sam & Craig and went home around 1:00.
Chad is very busy studying for a huge exam this Friday, he is spending lots in time in the lab, studying his dead body. We have plans to do some Christmas shopping this weekend - maybe we will get our Christmas tree! I cannot believe that it is already the Christmas season! We have already been in Boston for five months. And in March, only a few months away, Chad and I will have been married for a year. Time is flying by. Hopefully, the next 8 years will fly by in the same manner and we'll be back in Seattle in no time! : ) I am very excited to put up a few Christmas decorations, this is always my favorite time of year. I also hope to send out our Christmas cards early this next week! I have also been put in charge of putting together the advent table for church; purchasing the candles and decorating the table. Next weekend we have a Gingerbread House making party with some church friends. We are really enjoying hanging out with our church friends. They are lots of fun and they love getting together a lot. One couple hosts Sunday night dinners most Sundays at their house. We all bring something and we get a chance to chat and play games.
We are very excited to be in Seattle in just a few weeks! We are trying to make plans with friends and figure what we want to do with the limited time we are there. I believe Chad feels it's a must to get nachos at the Matador. I want to visit my Starbucks in Fremont. But we cannot wait to see all of our friends and spend Christmas with both of our families. Richard, Judith and Soliz are coming up to Seattle and spending Christmas there. They were so kind to offer to come up so we can see everyone and both of our families during Christmas.
Hang out with me!! I want to make plans with you!!!!
ReplyDelete