Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Visitors: Part Two



We had the joyous pleasure of having one Miss Chloe Kieling and a Mr. Charles Scott Vega (did everyone know his real name is Charles!?) come to Boston last weekend. We all had a fabulous time. Take note all Seattle friends and family... come to Boston and you will have a fabulous time. It was a quick trip but we had so much fun!

When I picked them up from the airport, Chloe gave me a big hug, and I almost cried! It was so weird, all of a sudden I was overcome with emotion and realized how much I really missed all my friends from back home.

They came in late Thursday and spent Friday exploring Boston and the Freedom Trail solo. I met up with them after work as they were strolling through the North End. We of course had a cannoli at Mike's Pastry. We then went back to our place and enjoyed Chad's homemade pizza and wine. We also went out and got ice cream and walked along Newbury Street. Saturday was Halloween of course, so we decided to brave Salem, MA. Salem, is basically the witch capital of the world, so needless to say, the little town is quite busy during October and an absolute mad house on Halloween. We had fun strolling through town, visiting the witch museum, eating a lovely lunch at "In a Pig's Eye", seeing the House of Seven Gables (famous house, if you didn't know, because I didn't), and people watching. And oh boy, were there people to watch! Everyone was dressed up, some people had great costumes. Some people left you thinking "what are you?" Lots of people were showing too much skin for their body types. Others you looked at and thought, "I think this is not very different from your normal day attire, you just painted your face." We saw some people with black long coats, long, dark stringy hair, black face make up and look on their face that said "F*** Off". And you know these people always dress like that. I think the nature of the town attracts them. Anyways... interesting day to say the least. We trudged back home, exhausted, enjoyed watching some Friends (of course, it's Chloe and Whitney, what do you expect?). We rented Gone, Baby Gone which was directed by Ben Affleck and stars Casey Affleck. It's a Boston movie, which is actually really good - we recommend. Sunday we showed them Fenway Park, Beacon Hill, Harvard Square, and Coolidge Corner. We also ate lunch a great Irish Pub and enjoyed clam chowder and lobster!

We did a lot of fun stuff, but the best part was just hanging out with good friends. We have friends in Boston, but were really just starting to getting to know them. It was great to have Chloe and Scott here, because were already close and its so natural and easy to hang out with them. And it was so fun to see how well they're doing and how great they are together. They are the best and we love them a lot.

You can enjoy more pictures on my facebook page.

Christmas is quickly approaching, we're so excited to see you all!

1 comment:

  1. hooray! we made the blog! ;) I had such an awesome time!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete