Hey Everyone!
Chad and I have spent the last three days on the island of Naxos. The biggest island in the Cyclades. Naxos is known for its beautiful beaches and so that's what we've been enjoying! Apparently though, we did not need to bring our swimsuits as they seem quite optional here in the Greek islands. And so what better way to live and experience island life like the natives, then to enjoy the beach au natural! :) All of you who know myself and Chad well know that we didn't have much trouble shedding a layer or two ; ) Wednesday we took a bus and walked to one of the beaches. Coming back was a lot more of a walk than we thought, so we tried hitchhiking. We finally got picked up about three minutes from our hotel, so it was a bit anticlimatic, but Thursday we rented a scooter to go to a beach farther away. Each day we pretty much had the beach to ourselves, our little private paradise! It is unbelievably beautiful here; white sand, clear blue water.
The scooter was a bit of an adventure, not as secure as the ATV on Santorini. I decided to let Chad drive, and the first turn we took was so wide I nearly died on the sidewalk. However, he quickly got the hang of driving the scooter and we went around the island with a little bit of zip.
Next we're off to Milos, another volcanic island that is supposed to be absolutely stunning with really unique landscape. It has the most beaches of any of the islands, so we'll have a full three days.
We realized that we only have 11 more days until we arrive in Seattle! We are so excited to see home and everyone! We have already been planning fun things to do and all the dinner parties we'll be having. We can't believe all that we've done - it's amazing. We have had the time of our lives but I think we are very excited to go home soon.
Love you all!
Beautiful! Even though I'm partial to Norway, I think I might need to visit Greece one of these days. From your pictures it looks like you're the only tourists on these islands/beaches.
ReplyDeleteErica and I missed you at Quest today. Anyway, we'll be excited to have you back in Seattle for a little while.