I feel very unsatisfied with the blog currently. I haven't been able to give it the attention I would like. But I haven't been able to give lots of things the attention I like. And somehow, husband, school, work, personal hygeine all have to come first unfortunately. All this to say I feel terribly busy these days. I'm working at least 40 hours a week, taking two night classes, and then I seem to be piling on other responsibilities. Which is totally my decision. I love doing it all but maybe I should prune it back a little bit ; )
I just finished up organizing the decorations for Aloha Sunday (a fun, special service dedicated to reviewing our vision) at church. I signed up to make home made cards for the craft fair in two weeks at our church. I'm planning the apple picking outing and then hosting a 'harvest feast' at our house this Saturday after the apple picking excursion. Stephanie and Steven are coming to visit in two weeks. My parents were just out for a visit last week. Whew.... there is a lot going on! I almost feel like it wouldn't be fall if I wasn't running around a little crazy trying to get everything done. The only thing I regret is the toll this has taken on my sleeping schedule. I am very dedicated to getting 8 hours of sleep a night. However when I come home at 9:30 from my Psych class after working 10 hours I feel the need to have at least an hour of personal time to relax, eat, and talk to my husband who I haven't seen all day. I am very much looking forward to out date night tomorrow night. We are going to a Mexican restaurant for dinner (Buywithme deal) and then to see The Ides of March (Groupon deal). It should be a really nice time. We haven't gone out on a date in a long long time. We were pinching pennies this summer so 'date night' didn't really happen.
I know lots of you are anxious to see photos of the new place. I was waiting to put them up because I wanted to wait until we have everything decorated a bit and things a little more put together. When my parents came to Boston last week they totally spoiled us and took us shopping for stuff for our new place. Our place has no overhead lights (except bathroom and kitchen) so we were in serious need of lighting. We got a new lamp and a light to hang over the kitchen table. We got a huge mirror that hangs over the blue couch - it looks really good, especially considering we don't have a lot of windows. We got a picture to hang over our bed as well as some nice window coverings. Needless to say, our place looks so much more homier and put together once my mother had worked her magic. I had put things where I had thought they would look best for the mean time when we first moved in. But I have to admit, I didn't worry to much about it becuase my mother was coming in a few weeks and I knew that she would have the best eye for where things should go. It was fun to go shopping with my parents and put everything up.
Hopefully we'll be able to update the blog later this weekend and post pictures up of the apple picking excursion as well as the autumn feast.
Hope everyone is having a really nice fall! It is my favorite season!
Looks great. Glad your folks were able to see it. It doesnt look like I'm going to make it out this fall...or winter.
ReplyDeleteWow your new place looks amazing!!! I'm falling in love with your living room rug all over again! I peruse through your blog about 4 times a year so I have some catching up to do! :D -sam
ReplyDelete