Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Crowd

This past Sunday we had quite the crowd at our house. My friend Heather and I thought it would be fun to co-host Easter dinner together and apparently everyone else thought it would be good fun too because we had 25 people show up! We rearranged some things around to make more room and it actually didn't feel too crowded. We borrowed some chairs so everyone had a seat because I feel it's rude to ask people to cut meat standing up (Does anyone remember the Friends episode "The one after Ross says Rachel" where Mr. Gellar (played by Eliot Gould) complains about having to cut his steak standing up? Similar situation with the ham). That Mr. Gellar cracks me up. Chad had a funny moment when he realized that Mr. Gellar also plays the Vegas casino guy in Oceans' Eleven. Anyway... back to Easter. We had a lot of people over. It was a lot of fun and we had plenty of food. Heather and I baked the ham. I made a salted caramel chocolate cake for dessert. Heather made two potato dishes and the guests each brought something to share. Our friends Kim & Lloyd brought caesar salad with pieces of beef bacon in it! First off, it bacon in a caesar salad was delicious! Secondly, did anyone know there was beef bacon?! Chad and I also set up all the Easter decorations at church that I had been putting together over the past two weeks.  Chad broke the percolator about a month ago, so I finally was able to order a new one which came last Thursday. I was excited to use the brand new shiny one at church on Sunday and the coffee was delicious!  Chad is very busy studying for the board exams. He is clocking in about 8 hours a day. He says more than 8 hours and he goes crazy (understandably so). He says he is also snacking a lot more because he gets antsy studying at home all day. I have been busy lately planning stuff. Last week it was Easter and the dinner. This week it's this weekend's upcoming married couple retreat. Hopefully we'll be taking a few more pictures then we managed to take of the Easter dinner.

 The Myungs: Phyllis, Roger & little Noa
Ryan & Jessica Jacobs to the left. Heather & Greg Stoutenburg to the right.
Parents - don't be frightened by the five empty wine bottles - remember there were 25 people!

3 comments:

  1. oh I miss watching Friends with you! Looks like it was a fun Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents, be frightened: the 5 bottles weren't evenly split. Another reason to be frightened is the ghost over Jessica's left shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had an equally wonderful time at your folks house. Glad to hear you are expanding their traditions to the east coast!

    ReplyDelete