Steven, Stephanie, and Chad at the Matador
Me and my Sammy
Old roommates out for coffee on Capitol Hill.
Judith and Whitney
Ok - I have noticed that there are way more pictures of myself then of Chad. But it's only because Chad does not think to take pictures and does not enjoy "people" pictures.
Christmas Eve was spend at my parents house with my extended family. It was so great to be able to see them all. As well as the new addition to the family - my cousin Alise's new baby Josiah. Christmas day was very relaxed. We opened presents in the morning with my parents and Gammy and Papa. Then Chad's family came over and we had a really tasty Christmas brunch and opened presents with the Mayers. Both families blessed us so much - we are so excited about our gifts. Some of the highlights include; 1 year of Netflix, new jeans, waffle iron, camera for the iBook, Tom-Tom, lots of great cookbooks, and seasons 1-5 of House. Then we out with the Mayers to see Sherlock Holmes, which turned out to be an entertaining movie. The next couple of days were spent in Seattle hanging out with friends or hanging out with family at the chouse. I think my favorite time was just relaxing at the chouse with our families.
We got to see most of our friends in the few days we were in Seattle. Wednesday night we had drinks with the Hultons, but we were so tired we had to say goodbye at 8:30! Luckily I also had time to grab coffee with Danielle on Sunday. We also saw them at the airport leaving Seattle Tuesday morning as they flew out to Colorado - crazy coincidence. We spent time with Steven and Stephanie on Saturday; playing Cattan at the Tea Cup on Queen Anne, then over to Ballard for happy hour at the Matador, and then ending up at the Crest to see Where the Wild Things Are. On Sunday morning we went to Quest with Richard and Judith and then out to brunch at the 5 Spot - yum. I spent the rest of the day having coffee with Leigh Hopkins, my friend and former supervisor from SPU and then seeing Danielle on Capitol Hill. Then I got to spend a really nice evening with my family and my grandparents. Chad got to spend the whole day (and night presumably) playing games at Steven's house. I believe that they had a good time : ) Monday we met up with Jeremy, Steven, Stephanie, Chloe, Scott, Sam and Alli in Queen Anne/Ballard. We spent lots of time at Blue Highway (of course) and Starbucks (of course) and the Matador (of course). I went over the the girls' house for a bit after dinner, but sadly didn't get to spend enough time there. Chad and I had an early flight and had to say goodnight early. Time with my girls was great - I miss them a lot.
Chad and I have been discussing when we want to come home next and we are seriously thinking about coming out the first week in August. Our good British friend Victoria (Cadbury) will be in town that week and we want to come sometime in the summer. So friends, family - be in town the first week of August. It's imperative. Also remember our house is always open to visitors. Chad says Virgin flies Seattle to Boston pretty inexpensively. And we let you stay at our place for next to nothing.
Thank you all for blessing us so much on our trip out. We love you all and wish you a very Happy New Year. May God continue to richly bless your lives.
it was so good to see you guys!! :) miss you already!
ReplyDelete