Chad started Medical School last week. On Monday, they had a special White Coat Ceremony to welcome the new class of 2013 (or in Chad's case 2017). I got to go and I could not have been more proud to be Mrs. Chad Mayer. He looked extraordinarily handsome in his white coat. Chad has a very full week with orientation, first lectures, social engagements, etc. He is having lots of fun meeting new classmates and starting to do the coursework. This next week should bring regular coursework now that orientation is over.
Chad here. Orientation was very fun and very long. Since i'm part of the MD/PhD program we had our own orientation program on top of the MD one, so some days I had to stay much later than the majority of the people. However, everyone has been really friendly and I think we are going to have a pretty cohesive class, which is great.
They've put together a lot of social engagements to keep us meeting each other and forming bonds before tomorrow, when the schoolwork ramps up and free time is a thing of undergrad. Whitney and I missed the first one because we were at dinner with a couple from church, but last night we went to a nice club in the financial district. The evening had a somewhat awkward beginning, because although the club experience had been widely advertised to the first year med students, the fact that there was a dress code was a bit more of a secret. So basically only Whit and I (the hott couple) were allowed in, while everyone else in sandals and shorts was kept out by the doorman. We walked upstairs to find that we essentially were the party, as we were the only two people out of 30 to be let in, and we were the first group. So it was us inside of an empty club. Then, since the wristband were were given had a lot of excess on it, I asked the bartender if she had anything to cut it off with. "No, I just have a lighter" she said. "but I think I can just tear it off". This is when I should have pulled my wrist away, but I didn't. Instead I watched her take my wristband in two hands and tear the whole thing off. I paused for a moment, wondering what I had done to end up at an empty club with a bartender who apparently didn't want me there. So I went and got a new wristband three stories below, and then after awhile people began showing up in snazzier clothes and the party got started.
With one week down, I have met a lot of my classmates, and so has Whitney. They seem pretty fun, and though the year will be hard, I think I'll survive. We're still thinking of you all back home and can't wait to finally see you again. Till next time!
Chad
Neat! Chad, you look very official. And Whit, you look as stunning as ever! What a pair. :)
ReplyDeletenice coat! and thanks for sharing the wristband story haha :)
ReplyDeletePS i get to see you guys in 10 weeks & 3 days and yes i am counting down already ;)
Good story :) Sounds like everything is going well! Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete