Hello everybody! If you haven't heard, it's been snowing a lot over here, and with the polar vortex, we've been having more subzeros than Comic Con. Whitney and I have been doing well, though we're hoping and preparing for some changes. This past Tuesday I submitted my work to my thesis committee to find out if I am allowed to write my thesis, defend in May, and go back to the 3rd year medical clerkships in June. This afternoon I have a meeting to decide my schedule in anticipation of a return. If I get the go-ahead to return, that puts a hard deadline on when Whitney and I would know where we're heading next: March 2016, on Match Day. I had a busy January going in every day that month to get things done to prepare for sending the report to my committee, and now that it's in I'm having an easy week while waiting for a reply.
Besides work, Whitney and I have been enjoying leading our Ohana group at church. We have about a dozen people in the group including us, and unlike other churches that rotate the members of groups or let anyone signup, our groups at church are all invite-only, and our group has been meeting over a year now, so we have gotten to know each other well. We just went on a last-minute retreat to Hampton, NH, to our pastor's beach house for two nights. While only a few of us went to the beach, and none attempted the 39 degree water, we had a good day trip to Red Hook and Portsmouth, NH, with lots of games played into the night and some delicious meals cooked by Whitney and other group members. We are glad that the group has been connecting and that members have even begun meeting often outside of the group, as building this sense of community is what the groups are all about.
Other than that Whitney and I are looking forward to our 5 year anniversary this March, when we are going to NYC for the weekend. I actually haven't been there since our 1 year anniversary, so it will be great to be back in the city and celebrating 5 years together.
Hope everyone out West is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment