Monday, March 5, 2012

Boston Brews and Interviews



We ended with 1 bottle shy of 48!


 This weekend was a busy one.  Our friend Kimberley took the dental boards and then went off to Mexico to do volunteer dental work with BU, leaving her husband Lloyd free to spend Sunday with us!  After church he came over, and we played some Dominion, (which I won for the first time ever!), and Betrayal at house on the hill a couple of times.  But first we bottled the Irish Red Ale I brewed a couple weeks ago.  It was the first time using the kit that Whitney had bought me for Christmas, and I had brewed with a friend from church.  The bottling process was a bit more involved, and even with three of us we managed to make a bit of a mess.  However, it was a lot of fun and in the end we ended up with 47 bottles of beer in the closet.  We'll see how they taste in a week and a half once they've carbonated.  After eating dinner together, which was a delicious pot roast with personal cherry pies in ramikens, we dropped Lloyd off at TJ's and headed to the Coolidge Corner Theater, where we are now members, to watch our free movie (after 6pm on Sundays!).  We saw the Artist, and it was indeed a good movie, though with a bit of a depressing middle bit.  I will also say that is a movie for dog lovers, and the jack russel was probably the best character in it. 
This morning Whitney had her interview for UMass Nursing School at 10:30. She'll find out in a week and a half how she did, and then we'll decide together if she should go back to school or stay at her job.  Pray that she gets accepted! 
Otherwise we're gearing up to head over to Vermont and the Ben and Jerry's factory in a couple weeks, and Whitney might head to PA for a baby shower.  Spring is almost here and Boston will hit 65 degrees this Thursday.  We hope you're all doing well out West!

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how the beer turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took your grandparents to see the Artist. Your grampa and I thought it was boring, and you grandma got mad because we didn't like it. The dog truly was the best part of the flick. I'm going to teach our dog to play dead.

    Glad you guys are occupied and having fun to balance the tough stuff...

    ReplyDelete