A.K.A the return of Reuben. Because really, he was pretty much in our arms the entire trip. Except when we were eating Thanksgiving, because that would just be dangerous. A little gravy, a little cranberry sauce.....gosh I'm hungry, and you could just eat the little guy up ; )
Anyways, we drove down to see the Dziaduls and Webers Wednesday night, after I had had a particularly crazy Wednesday. I've been working on applying for government funding for my PhD, and although the deadline is in December, the grant needed to be in by Thanksgiving, so there was a lot of getting stuff done as time ticked down. Luckily I finished it all with a lot of help and so was able to enjoy Thanksgiving without that hanging over my head. So we drove down and spent time with Sam and Craig and Rueben, staying with them while spending Thanksgiving with the Webers, who are Sam's parents. I feel like all we did was eat, play games, and hold Rueben. The Dziaduls like word games like bananagrams and Scrabble, and there was some pretty epic spelling. Like when I ended the Scrabble game by using all 7 of my letters, gaining the bonus and everyone else's points. Then got crushed the second game. Oh well. Thanksgiving we spent at the Webers, and though Calle and Dave decided to Jersey it up, we had a great dinner, with Whitney making a cherry pie using cherries instead of pie filling, and it was delicious. The funny thing was that even though I made sure to not overeat, this year both Whitney and I took naps in the living room, which was weird, because I've never been that tired from eating. We drove back mid-Friday, and spent the weekend at home with Whitney studying and me reading and playing games. Whitney is almost done with her classes, which is great, because then we will have our evenings back and she'll be a lot less busy. December will be a great month, because of course we get to come home for Christmas and New Year's Eve, and we can't wait to see all our friends and family. I also finish my night classes and Whitney finishes all her pre-reqs for nursing schools and will begin applying. The weather in Boston is cooling quickly, and it will begin to snow in the next few weeks but now that we've got our heated place we're ready for it! Can't wait to see everyone!
Thanks so much for posting the pics of my dearest friends. It means so much to get a look at them. Check you email for more.
ReplyDeleteDid Chad write this entry?? That is one cute baby!!! And that pie was delishhhhhhh!!! PS you accidently left the recipe here... I'm glad you did hahaha Had so much fun thanks for spending the holiday with us!!!
ReplyDelete