Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birthday Weekend





Thank you to everyone who sent cards and presents. You all made my birthday very special!

The whole weekend was one big party it seemed. By Sunday (my actual birthday) Chad and I were exhausted! We spent most of Sunday resting.

Friday night started off great. I came home and my parents gifts had arrived. My mom made this gigantic quilt made with 20 or so of my old t-shirts! There are shirts from junior high, high school, sports, SPU, and starbucks! Its so great - I love it! To describe my reaction I will quote Chad: 'she was very jumpy.' I also got a cute new purse from Fossil. We then headed off to our newlywed small group, which was fun as always. We had cake there to celebrate my birthday and someone else's in our group. Around 9:30 we left and met up with Chad's classmates on the 33rd Floor of 60 State Street for his med school Formal. I wore my new black dress (that Chad gave me for Valentine's Day) and my new electric blue pumps. The venue was fabulous - very swanky with a beautiful veiw of downtown Boston and the harbour. There were delicous appetizers; pasta bar, grilled chicken and vegetables, salads, etc. Lots of dancing - which we love. We saw lots of friends and chatted, met new people. Towards the end of the evening there were desserts and drinks. We left soon after 1:00 am and I had to have Chad get the car and pick me up because I could barely walk in the new shoes.

The next day was spent entirely in preparation for my party that evening. We went to the grocery store. And I spent most of the day cleaning and baking. Chad made salsa and hummus - very delicous. And I made cupcakes, brownies, and a coffee/vanilla ice cream cake. All very tasty. We thought we would have loads of time to prepare, but we were working up to the minute everyone arrived! We had so much fun with all of our friends. Most everyone was from our church, small group or otherwise. We played lots of games and drank lots of wine. We all had a really good time. Everyone was so nice! They all brought me presents - which I neither asked for or expected. It just felt so nice to know that after only being here for 8 months, we've already made so many great friends, that we could feel that comfortable at a party we threw. I really felt truly blessed. Everyone left by 11 and Chad and I collapsed into our bed.

Sunday we went to church and Chad studied in the afternoon. We spent a nice evening at home and Chad made me one of my favorite dinners; Chinese Orange Chicken. And I got to skype with my family for the first time - which was a lot of fun. Overall it was an amazing weekend.

Everything else is going really well. Chad has one more week of class left before a few big tests. Then he'll be out in California for five days for spring break. He got to practice putting an IV line into one of his classmates yesterday - which he said was really exciting. He also was in the BU Today recently. Check it out: http://www.bu.edu/today/2010/02/19/south-end-health-care-pioneer . My work is going along smoothly, nothing really new there. All is well!

Hope you're having a fabulous February!

Love,
Whitney

2 comments:

  1. no pictures of you in your fabulous dress and shoes?? ;) sounds like you had a fun weekend! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're weekend sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to talk to you... hopefully this weekend. I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete