Friday, July 10, 2009

The Unemployment Blues

Since we have finished setting up the house, Chad and I have found ourselves with a lot more time on our hands. Chad started working in the lab this week. He's been training and getting to know the system at the University labs. He says that he was quite spoiled at SBRI. Apparently, everyone that worked in his lab back at SBRI had their own pipets (this is the number one tool of any researcher/lab technician). Well here at the BU labs, they have to share pipets, as well as all the other equipment. However, he says that everyone seems very nice and friendly and he is having fun getting back to work. I have been trying to stay busy at home. I had two interviews this week. The job for Tuesday's interview would be the perfect job. So hopefully early next week, I get some good news! It has great benefits, its right down town, and it would provide me with great experience. I would get to wear a white coat! : ) Besides the job hunt, I've been trying to stay productive. I got a library card, cleaned up the countless cobwebs that hang from our ceilings, and organized a few areas of the house. A little advice; don't buy cheapo plastic mixing bowls or measuring cups/spoons. They will only disappoint you in the end. Take the blow and buy metal ones.

Last night Chad and I went to a public theatre where on Thursdays they have free shows. This summer they're doing "The Complete Works of Shakespeare Abridged" in about an hour and a half. It was great! And very funny. My mouth hurt from laughing so much. On Tuesday we had dinner with some other new comers to our new church (Highrock: Brookline) at our pastor's house. It was quite fun; dinner was great and we met several new people and a few married couples. We have had a few days of sun here and there. But for the most part it has continued to rain and thunder. Much to the dismay of Bostonians, but not to the Mayers.

We hope you are all doing well and enjoying a sunny July. We love you all! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment